DYC WHISKEY SPANISH WE ARE WHAT WE ARE
DAND LOR NORANDSTROR
The founding of the DYC distillery in 1959 was already an unusual and pioneering adventure in Spain and, since then, that innovative character that has allowed us to always be at the forefront of the sector has never been lost.
The innovation in DYC it is evident with the latest launches, especially from the Master Distillers Collection, which have received recognition from the sector through important awards that recognize the excellence of these unique liquids.
The DYC philosophy it is based on quality and a commitment to the environment and our surroundings. We have implemented a sustainability plan with different environmental responsibility actions.
These are some of the practices of DYC sustainability For the conservation of our natural environment: the excess water is purified and returned to the Eresma River, the surplus energy supplies the electricity needs of Palazuelos de Eresma, the work under zero waste measures and the participation in days of reforestation of the hillside from the river.
The first Spanish whiskey has a unique personality that claims with pride the value of local culture and crafts, from which it has been nurtured for 60 years and which are reflected both in its image and in the good work applied to the elaboration of its whiskeys.
This constant influence throughout the history of DYC becomes even more tangible in limited editions. Master Distiller Collection, with which DYC proudly reinforces its Spanishness: DYC 12, aged in Jerez barrels, and DYC 15, a tribute to its founder and the Segovian crafts through a carefully crafted liquid and a collector’s bottle decorated with segovian sgraffito, unmistakable local artistic expression, also present on the walls of the Distillery.
OUR MOST ENJOYED WHISKEY
DYC is a double distillation whiskey, aged a minimum of 3 years in American oak barrels. Its flavor is fruity and robust, ideal for all those who enjoy a good whiskey.
- Smell: Round, full aroma, of dominant styles. Clean, with hints of fruit and toasted wood.
- Palate: Optimal balance of flavors that highlight its robustness. Peat, spices, smooth and creamy on the palate.
- Finish: Smoky and spicy.
8 years in barrels for our most appreciated standard whiskey
The 8 year old DYC whiskey It is aged in American oak barrels, which gives it a unique intensity and flavor.
- Smell: Floral touches, spices, smoked, fresh grass, hints of honey and heather.
- Palate: Soft and creamy on the palate, peat with hints of vanilla, marzipan, apple and citrus.
- Finish: Bittersweet, long in the mouth and smooth finish.
THE FIRST EXPRESSION OF THE MASTER DISTILLERS COLLECTION
With the limited editions of the Maestros Destiladores Collection, DYC proudly reinforces its Spanish spirit and origin. Our 12 year old whiskey DYC 12 It has, for the first time in our history, an exclusive finish in Jerez barrels that gives it great quality in its nuances.
- Colour: Amber with mahogany highlights.
- Smell: Warm and round aromas with pronounced notes of shell nuts, honey and Sherry.
- Palate: Blended with a long permanence in the mouth that highlights some noble wood notes, favoring a very elegant soft and delicate finish.
- Finish: Full-bodied and smooth on the palate.
DISTILLERS MASTER COLLECTION.
THE TRIBUTE TO ITS FOUNDER IN THE YEAR OF THE 60 ANNIVERSARY
Nicomedes García’s dream was to create the first Spanish whiskey with ingredients from his land and under the highest quality criteria in its production. Today, the launch of DYC 15, the first 15 year old whiskey of DYC, is without a doubt a tribute to the tireless spirit of our founder.
The DYC Master Distillers have produced the most special edition, a 15 year old single malt whiskey aging and extraordinary quality to pay tribute to its founder in the year of the 60th Anniversary. A unique liquid designed for lovers of the most precious whiskey, which goes on sale in an exclusive limited edition of 12,000 bottles.
- Smell: Fragrant, clean, cereal and malt.
- Palate: The prolonged aging in oak barrels provides notes of vanilla, caramel, nuts and marzipan.
- Finish: Long, complex, round in the mouth, intense flavor of malt and wood.
PURE SOPHISTICATION IN OUR MALTA WHISKEY. MADE EXCLUSIVELY WITH BARLEY MALTA
Our first variety of whiskey made exclusively with a careful selection of malts, created after more than 50 years of dedication. DYC Pure Malt it is excellence made whiskey.
- Smell: Fragrant, citrus touch, sweet, vanilla, with a sophisticated aroma.
- Palate: Honey, vanilla, round in the mouth, intense malt flavor.
- Finish: Long, complex, subtle finish with hints of heather, honey and fruit.
The sale of alcohol to persons under 18 years of age is prohibited. Responsible consumption is recommended.